


They think they had the most fun, but the next day Mom and I had our day. And let me just tell you, I didn't call this a celebration trip for nothing! As I was researching where to stay in Maui I ran accross The Grand Wailea resort. While it was WAY to expensive to stay there ($1200/night) they have the most beautiful spa I have ever seen. So mom and I made appointments for facials. Our facial appointment was at noon but from 11:00 to noon we had our "terme hydrotherapy." You really should google the Spa Grande at the Grand Wailea. This terme treatment that we have no pictures of consisted of three different types of spas. A traditional european spa (picture roman bath), a japonese spa with a cold plunge, and then the hawaiian spa. The Hawaiian spa consisted of 5 different hot tubs representing the five islands of Hawaii. Each was infused with different herbs, spices, treatments. They are all different colors and smell heavenly. So my favorite quote from the trip comes from when mom and I got in the first Hawaiian hot tub terme treatment thingy. She said that we had to stay at the grand wailea next time we come. I said even if we could afford to stay at that resort we couldn't afford a spa treatment every day. And then she said matter-of-factly, as serious as she could be, "Well we just won't eat." !!!! That's how great the spa was. I really think she was serious- cracks me up. Anyway, also in the hawaiian spa room are three waterfall-type showers to stand under that massage your back. While you are doing your "terme" (pronounced "tear-may") treatment, a spa attendent calls you over to another room and loofahs off your entire body. Mind you, you are eating fruit and drinking ice water and mango iced tea. And this is all before your actual spa treatment!!


No comments:
Post a Comment