Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy, happy birthday baby

Thats right! Mark Thomas turns one year old tommorrow and we had a little birthday celebration yesterday. I was so worried he wouldn't nap well or be cranky for his big party but he did great. In fact I had to wake him up from his nap 10 minutes before his guests arrived in order to feed him some lunch. We can't have cake on an empty stomach! Anyway his first birthday party theme was trains as he LOVES choo choo trains. His invitation said things like "all aboard" and "meet at Mark's train station" His cake, as you can see below, went right along with the theme.

So the next several pics are the sequence of the cake destroying process! Mark had his own little smash cake that seemed pretty small until you realized that he ate the ENTIRE thing! I mean, holy cow. I got a lot of calls today asking how Mark's tummy did after he ate all of his cake! So he just touched the top of his cake while we sang happy birthday to him. Next he leaned forward to see if he could just take a bite out of it. But he realized he wouldn't reach so that's when he just picked it up and brought the little cake to his mouth!! Too funny!


We all started serving and eating our own cake and ice cream and Mark just went on his happy little way eating his entire cake! He even two-fisted it for awhile. And then he was really happy!



He actually wasn't too hyped up after all of the sugar. He didn't take another nap that day which isn't all that unusual but he didn't eat dinner, which is unusual. And other than a few extra poopy diapers, I don't think the cake bothered him too much.

Other breaking news in Mark world is that he thinks he can walk. He actually starts out on every little venture trying to walk and then once he falls he just crawls the rest of the way because it is so much faster than his little "drunk" walking. I will try to post a video soon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy birthday sweet Mark Thomas! I can't believe you are one year old already. Where has the last year gone?!? We love you little buddy!