Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The definition of summer

I mean really - doesn't corn on the cob just define summer? I didn't think Mark was old enough for corn on the cob but my mom insisted that Mark's cousin Lexi devoured some last summer at Mark's age so we gave it a try. He loved it!



He kept trying to turn it on end and gnaw on the husk though. Maybe he'll really figure it out next time.
And this was on our way out the door for Mark's very first swimming lesson! I don't have pictures of that but we'll try to get some this week. I will say he's the best in his class! (Really he's just the oldest but as his Mom I think I'm allowed to say he's the best!)

And now a few random thoughts. So last night at bible study we were talking about why we are so protective and defensive of our kids. Well I know why for me...because he is a perfect angel who can do no wrong! Can you even imagine me at one of his t-ball games some day? I'll probably be that parent beating up another kid for tripping Mark or something! But seriously, as mothers, if we don't protect our kids no one else will. So we do it no matter the cost. And thats just fine with me.

Oh- I also came home from bible study crying because I don't think I can let Mark go to kindergarden. I realize he is only 16 months old but after hearing Rebecca describe the look of fear on her oldest son's face as she walked him to his first day of school I decided right then and there that Mark is just never gonna be old enough for kindergarden...maybe when he's 30.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Love the corn eating fella...and his "Joe Cool" attitude on way to swim class...what a guy he is!

Laura said...

Oh, I loved your thoughts about protecting our kids and not wanting them to grow up! You have some time to get used to the idea...Max starts kindergarten in August! But, I love his school and he feels good about it, so that helps a bunch!

I let Sutton eat a rib the other night and I heard him crunching on something. I realized he was eating the BONE! So, I took it away...we'll have to try again another day :)

I love reading your stories!

Brandee said...

Absolutely love the corn pics and Mark's "strutt your stuff" walk for swimming. Counting the days now - less than 2 weeks away!