Where to start? Right now Kate is lying on her activity mat, hiccuping, and batting at a rattle hanging down. She is content a lot of the time. She LOVES to lay on her changing pad and smile and coo. That is where we have most of our "conversations." Yesterday we hung a swing up out on the patio and she seemed to like that too. She definitely does not like her swing inside or the vibrating seat. She typically smiles when Mark gives her kisses. John can usually get her to sleep better than I can. She does not suck her thumb and occasionally takes a paci. She is not by any means a difficult baby, but I really think Mark was easier as a baby. Kate's eyes seem to have gotten bluer, in fact I think they are probably gonna stay blue. What else to say about our little princess? Oh! Bathtime. She loves the bath. But taking her out? Well don't you know thats the end of the world? It must be like being born all over again based on the way she cries as if you just broke her femur! DRAMA. She cries until she just passes out! (Of course, last night she actually did a lot better and only let out a few little protests!)
Here is a pic John made me take of "the Wingerter hair pattern." He makes me so mad- he's been calling her "Friar Kate" because of her hair! Poor baby!

So I bought a couple of these litttle crocheted hats before she was born. They are still too big but I just love them! They are kinda hysterical and cute all in one! She'll probably kill me when she's older for ever putting one on her head!

Here is the actual sun bonnet that goes with this dress, also way to big right now. But isn't that such a cute picture?

On a side note, we have a silver "W" on our entertainment center. I'm not gonna name any names, but someone in our house thinks it looks better as an "M"!

My two goofballs. Delaying bedtime by putting pull-ups on their heads!

Funny story. A couple weeks ago I decided to try another discipline strategy with Mark. I told him that every time he didn't obey that I would take a toy away. Well we were having an issue with brushing his teeth one night and I had taken three toys away already when I found the below picture. He had already yelled that I couldn't take his blankie away. Well the below picture is the drawer where we keep all of his blankies and he has "locked" it. See he has these silly band bracelets and awhile back he put one on his kitchen cabinet so baby Kate couldn't get into his dishes (this was before she was even born). So funny. He just basically told me I could take every single toy away that he has and it wouldn't make him listen any better - just don't take his blankie. So now being the horribly mean mommie that I am, I don't waste time taking away toys, I just take blankie. Hee...hee.

Isn't she getting bigger?

This is a daily occurence!

Her pretty new name letters!

Gotta document the crazy stuff I dress her in! The skirt/tights/shoes are a hand-me-down from cousin Gracie. So cute! And I love her red flower bow!

Trying to do tummy time. Just wears her out!
Had a similar picture of Mark and Rocky so I had to pose this one. Rocky is so patient although he looks totally annoyed in this picture!

I like this one because Kate is smiling even though she is about to fall on her face and because I can tell Rocky wants to get up so bad but he knows to be still. Don't worry I caught her!
4 comments:
Love her white hats...she looks great in them...Rocky is such a good dog.
Love the drawer "lock" story...I love the rational and reasoning that both Mark and Lexi come up with :) As for Kate, well, she is gorgeous. My favorite pic is her on the boppy doing tummy time. Are you ready to go back to work yet?
Love this post. My wife is an amazing mommy.
-Daddy
What a sweet baby and big brother!
Love the pics. Brenda
Post a Comment