2008
2009
2010So I was thinking that Mark wouldn't be asking me those "tough questions" until his teenage years. Well, I was wrong. These aren't the tough questions you're thinking of, but I dare you to find a good answer for a 2 year old!
1.
Mark: What does "anything" mean?
Me: Uhhh... it means "any thing!"
Mark: What does "any thing" mean?
Me: uhhh.
And then I gave examples of how I would use "anything" in a sentence. I think he got it, but I still can't define "anything."
2.
Mark: Why is milk white?
Seriously?
3. Now this one I could answer:
Mark: Why do we live in houses?
Me: Because they keep us warm and dry and safe. (feeling proud of myself for knowing that one until...)
Mark: So do cars.
Don't worry, I managed to come through with the fact that cars don't have bathrooms and kitchens for Mr. Smarty Pants! Anyway, he is definitly going through the "why" stage right now..its pretty funny the responses I come up with sometimes. A lot of times my answer to his question has to do with something I want him to do. For example, "why is it bright outside? was answered with, "when its bright outside it means its time to put your shoes on." (A task I had been trying to accomplish for 20 minutes!) I don't think its lying, just effective parenting! =)
6 comments:
Good work Mommy! You're awesome!
-John
Too funny Kris - way to blog these conversations now so that you won't forget them!
What an intelligent little guy! Happy Halloween! Love, Aunt Brenda
Oh I just laughed out loud!
It was SO good to see you the other day at the mall!
Keep up the good posts, I love to keep in touch :)
Just get ready... those questions won't stop coming once they start! Thanks for posting... that cracked me up!!!
Ann and I just looked at this and LOVED it!! What a fantastic family with more to come!!!
Opah
Post a Comment