Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Thats how I would describe Mark nowadays, busy. He is constantly on the move. Every once in a while something will hold his attention for more than just a few minutes, but for the most part he walks/runs around. He has even had episodes recently when I think that John has given him some caffeine or speed or something. Here is a pic of him the other night before bathtime. He is either high or really cold. I'm not sure. He cracks me up. Oh, and as you can see from the background we still aren't finished unpacking. That was a big load on its way up to the attic. Straight from our storage unit to the attic. Why don't we just throw it away?



My Grandma had a friend crochet(sp?) some little hats for all of her great-grandkids. Mark is insisting on not wearing his. Not even for a picture. Apparently he is too cool for knitted hats. This is me trying to hold it on his head and take a pic at the same time.

Now most of you will think this is a silly picture to put on the blog, but look how cute Mark is in John's lap! And look how pretty Mobley is sitting and how preoccupied Rocky is with his rawhide. This pic just sums up the dogs personalities. Mobley, the firstborn, always has to play and always has to be entertained. He can't play by himself and definitly not with another dog. Rocky on the other hand has ZERO thoughts running through his head and will chew on something until you tell him to stop.
We went to Waco last weekend to visit some college friends and I only took 4 pictures the entire weekend!! Em, will you email me some pics? The 4 pictures I took were all of Mark watching DVD's. He was an ANGEL in the car on the way there and back. Not a single whine or cry. I'm not kidding! He never watches TV so I was worried that the DVD player wouldn't distract him but it did! He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and this pic is of him pointing to the screen. We stopped in Dallas on the way down and stretched our legs as we wandered through the ginormous Ikea. Mark loved it. He walked through the entire store. Then he took another nap the rest of the way down. Now here is something I learned on the trip; not every public restroom has a changing table. I hate the nasty things anyway, but when there is no where else to change a diaper I would rather do it on one of those than the floor. I had to change Mark's diaper on the floor once this weekend. Luckily I have a little changing pad but still! Gross. Thanks a lot Quiznos for your foresight into the struggles of a mom and a dirty diaper!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute photos!
BG

Brandee said...

Love the new blog entry! I can not wait until June/July! Mark and Lexi are going to have so much fun together! And yes, I agree, changing diapers on the floor is gross, but what else can you do??? So very glad that Mark is a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan as well :)

Lisa said...

I can't believe you had to change Mark's diaper on the floor. Remind me to NEVER go to Quizno's again! Such cute pics of Mark and the doggies!!!