Monday, September 15, 2008

I love my Rocky Star


I don't think there is anyone on this planet who knows me and doesn't know I am a dog-lover. I also don't think there is anyone on this planet who loves dogs as much as me! I can remember when I was little we had an english setter named Chipper. I used to love to go outside on the back patio and sleep with my head on Chippers belly. I also distinctively remember walking around the yard with my eyes closed with my hand on Buddy's (a bird dog) head, pretending he was a seeing-eye dog. (I also remember him taking off after squirrels, birds etc and leaving me stranded!)

What else? Oh, I had a minature schnauzer named Tippy that I use to sing to in my room. I would play "Foot Loose" and when it said, "Now take a hold of those paws" I would grab Tippys paws and dance. I would also "kick off my Sunday shoes" if you're interested. (You know, I just remembered that I am notorious for making up lyrics to songs and I have no idea if "Foot Loose" actually says, "now take a hold of those paws" or if it is just something that sounds similar) Anyway I realize my love of dogs borders on obsession, but I think there are worse things in the world to be caught up in so I figure I'm alright.

ANYWAY, the point is I think I'm rubbing off on Mark. On purpose of course. He loves his Rocky Star. And don't you worry he loves Mobley too, but Mobley's still not too sure what he thinks of Mark. Also, Mobley doesn't pose for pictures well or I would put one of him in here too. Now you may think I have too many pictures of Mark with Rocky on here but let me just tell you I have toned it down. I'm only showing 4 when I have about 30 from this 15 minute cuddle session they had the other day!

Don't worry, Rocky never licks his butt!

Mark found Rocky's tail and tried to eat it multiple times. Rocky, of course, didn't care.

I wonder what they were thinking here. Mark was probably thinking, "I want to grab his big shiny teeth." Rock was probably thinking...oh thats right, we're pretty sure Rocky doesn't have any thoughts!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Alright, you crack me up Kristy. I was laughing out loud at the "Now take a hold of those paws" comment. I had to go look it up because I was pretty sure that was NOT the right lyric (and yes, I know you like to make up your own).

It's actually, "Now take a hold of the phone." But hey, paws is perfect for dancing with doggies. :)

And the pics of Mark with Rocky are just precious. We love Rocky Star over here as well! (And Moby of course!)